For Immediate Release
March 17, 2017
Stacie Dabbs, Interim Executive Director
Merced County Association of Governments
(209)723-3153 x 308
MCAG seeking applicants for Measure V Citizens Oversight Committee
Merced – Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) is seeking applicants for the Measure V Citizens Oversight Committee. The application deadline is 5:00pm April 3, 2017.
Measure V is Merced County’s 30-year half-cent transportation sales tax that was approved by voters in November 2016. The purpose of the Committee is to assess the program’s consistency with the voter-approved Transportation Expenditure Plan by reviewing financial and performance audits, reports from member agencies, annual receipts and other documents as needed. Measure V is estimated to generate $15 million in new revenue annually for a total of $450 million through the life of the measure.
The Committee consists of 14 members – 7 to be nominated by local jurisdictions through separate processes, and 7 to be appointed directly by the MCAG Governing Board. At this time, MCAG is seeking eligible applicants for the following categories:
- Building industry representative
- Agriculture industry representative
- Representative from an ethnic community group
- Representative from a major private sector Merced County employer
- Representative from an advocacy group representing bicyclists and pedestrians, and/or transit
- A professional in the field of audit, finance and/or budgeting with a minimum of five years in a relevant and senior decision-making position in the public or private sector
- Environmental advocacy group representative
Applicants must be U.S. citizens 18 years of age or older who reside in Merced County and are not public employees at any state, county or local city agency, or an elected official at any level of government. Interested applicants can find the application packet and instructions on MCAG’s website at: www.mcagov.org/240/Measure-V---Transportation-Expenditure-P.
Merced County Association of Governments is the designated Local Transportation Authority (LTA) for Merced County. For more information, visit www.mcagov.org.