Unmet Transit Needs
In order for Merced County to be eligible for Transportation Development Act funds, MCAG is required to identify the unmet transit needs of the county by soliciting the comments of transit dependent or disadvantaged persons. An Unmet Transit Needs (UTN) assessment is required to ensure that all unmet transit needs that are "reasonable to meet" are met before funds are expended for non-transit uses, such as streets and roads.
WHAT IS AN UNMET TRANSIT NEED?
2022-2023 Unmet Transit Needs Schedule
- MCAG SSTAC Kick Off Meeting September 23,2021
- UTN MCAG Public Comment Period August 2021 through September 2021
- UTN In Person Public Hearing September 29, 2021
- UTN Virtual Public Hearing September 30, 2021
- SSTAC Review of UTN Comments October 20, 2021
- Board Adoption - TBD
ATTEND A UNMET TRANSIT NEEDS HEARING
In Person HEARING
Unmet Transit Needs Public Hearing – In person
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM
Merced Civic Center – Sam Pipes Room 678 W. 18th Street Merced, CA
Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Meeting ID: 899 1583 5720
Phone Audio (669) 900-6833
SUBMIT A COMMENT
Ride The Bus? Do you feel like you have an unmet need in your area? Let us know, submit your comment online here.
Toma El Bus? Siente que tiene una necesidad insatisfecha en su área? Háganoslo saber submeta su comentario en línea aquí.
Mail a comment to: Merced County Association of Governments c/o Natalia Austin 369 W. 18th St Merced Ca 95340
COMMENT PERIOD ENDs October 1st 2021
The TJPA is currently working on addressing the unmet Transit needs From Fiscal Year 2020-2021:
- Provide transit service to north Merced (north of Merced College).
- Provide additional service to Planada
To view a copy of the final report which includes responses to all comments click here.